IMR Services – INCUBATOR of IRISH MANUFACTURING RESEARCH COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
IRISH MANUFACTURING RESEARCH COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
Description of the Service
Pilot line manufacturing is focussed on supporting companies with their early phase product and process development activities. This might be at a pre-commercial level or relate to incremental product evolution. In essence it helps manufacturers develop the right manufacturing strategy for their products including optimising their product design and forward planning for scale-up.
This is achieved by bringing aspects of these development activities into IMR and leveraging IMR on-site capabilities (industrial lab space, technology, robotics, researchers, engineers, partner network) to develop appropriate solutions.
What IMR can offer
- Access to dedicated and secure space within IMR facility to explore manufacturing options.
- Access to IMR technical capabilities (research and engineering) with significant manufacturing experience across multiple industries.
- Ability to leverage IMR’s significant network of industrial partners.
- Ability to access advanced manufacturing technologies such as Additive Manufacturing, Robotics and Automation, Analytics, IIOT, Mixed Reality.
- Opportunities to develop pre-commercial test methodologies and techniques to validate product functionality.
- Opportunities to leverage industry proven product development methodologies.
- Ability to work with IMR to establish funding options both at a national and European level.
By utilising the support mechanisms described above, it provides companies with the opportunity to develop a more effective and appropriate manufacturing strategy. This in turn can lead to a cheaper, scalable, more robust and faster-to-market product solution.